Founder & CEO
Brenda is the face of Bon Accord Creative. Whether you're working one-on-one with the BAC team to build a new website, learning how to create a website that converts, or learning how to sharpen up your Canva skills, Brenda is the gal in the driver's seat.
A bit about Brenda
- One of her biggest joys in life is well organized containers and file folders with pretty labels. Seriously.
- She’s a real lover of coloured gel pens and notebooks. She has a legitimate problem with collecting notebooks. She’s a digital girl through and through, but her thoughts come out best pen to paper.
- January to November, her excitement builds for Christmas, mostly because of her love for of all things Christmas baking (the baking, the eating… the butter tarts).
- Brenda should own stock in DAVIDsTEA. Full stop. If you ever do a video conference with Brenda, chances are better than not she’ll be sipping some of their inventory.
- Presently knee deep in renovating her new-to-her 1850s house. She spends an unhealthy amount of time on Wayfair looking for light fixtures.
Administrative & Marketing Support
Joelle is the dotter of the Is and the crosser of the Ts. She is our admin and marketing support – basically a jack of all trades who helps us get all the things done!
A bit about Joelle
- A great house to be invited to for a dinner party, Joelle loves cooking, and eating, and feeding people! And given that she also loves puttering in her vegetable garden, you can pretty much guarantee it will be delicious food!
- You’ll notice a theme here…. She also loves hosting a good themed party! Her “Snackadium” from her football parties is famous! Joelle is good times.
- Speaking of football, she’s a fantasy football die-hard. Joelle takes pride, not just in her ability to pick winners, but, more so, at consistently beating her husband at it!
Nutshell? Stacey is the best website coder you'll probably ever meet! Stacey’s role is how we are able to say your website will be built to the nines. Because we have Stacey!
A bit about Stacey
- Her mother named her Stacey after seeing reports that the actor Stacy Keach was sent to prison. They liked the name, criminal association be damned.
- She worked at Tim Hortons in high school but never had a cup of coffee until her late twenties. She now lives by the saying: "But first, coffee!” Because, coffee is the nectar of life.
- She’s quite obsessed with mason jars and uses them to store all the things.
- She built her first website back in 1997. It was a Backstreet Boys fan page. And she’s okay with us sharing that.
Graphic & Web Design
Tanya is the bringer of the pretty. Her talent at website design, branding and graphic design elements is how we are able to offer you the beautiful websites that we do.
A bit about Tanya
- There would be no getting through a day without her furry office assistant cat Sima keeping her company, indoors and out. She’ll even put on a leash on Sima and go for walks around the neighbourhood, because, cats need exercise, too! Plus, the great outdoors is where Tanya gets most of her artistic inspiration, so it’s a win for Tanya and Sima!
- Like our CEO, she finds pleasure in organization. She’s been known to sometimes spend the weekend organizing and rearranging her entire apartment. FOR FUN!
- She also loves being spontaneous. No accommodations or itinerary is her favourite way to travel. (Which, if you consider the intricate focus on detail of our CEO, Brenda, is, quite understandably, the exact opposite of her!)
Copywriter & Editor
A wizard with the words, Leslie will make you sound awesome and work with you to figure out how to best talk to your audience. She’s also known to be a professional provider of funny gifs to lighten the mood.
A bit about Leslie
- Wants the world to know her name is pronounced like LESS-Lee, not Lezlie. In case you were saying it that way in your head.
- Took up running last year, after swearing all her life she’d only run while chased, and can now squeak a 5km in under 30 minutes!
- Big time lover of all things music, has a ridiculous memory for all lyrics of all songs she’s ever liked, and has no issues making a spectacle of herself belting out songs from the driver’s seat of her car like no one is watching.
- She is a seasoned journalist who left from the industry so she could write with feeling and creativity – way more fun!
He’s our go-to guy for any SEO or Analytics questions. If you want tips on how to optimize optimize optimize, Shea is your guy!
A bit about Shea
- Loves to travel so much he’s added it into his business, whether it’s traveling to other countries or taking long road-trips around the U.S., especially to areas of the country he hasn't visited.
- Has a real passion for research, SEO, and dissecting analytic data. He’s a geek deep down (his words!) and if he could make a living doing research for people, he would do it!
- As a mental exercise, he loves to think through the process of creating and building new businesses – doesn’t matter what kind of business – from sales and marketing to distribution. No idea or solution is too outrageous. Shea says it helps him get new ideas that he can implement in his current business. We think it’s just because he needs an excuse to do more research.
Brand Strategist & Market Researcher
Christie is the guardian of our clients’ brands. She is a top market researcher and analyst who is able to peer into a market and understand quickly what businesses can do to attract new clients and compete with market goliaths.
A bit about Christie
- She loves math and books. While she got a perfect score in college stats and was known to do long division in her head to relax as a child, she also identifies as a writer and has had her work published in articles and books alike. She reads an average of 30 books a year.
- Her first foray into research with primary data was when she was eight and researched the history of her New England farm house using historic maps and parcel plats. (The librarian helped, of course).
- Christie lives in the mountains of California and sees an average of 400 inches of snowfall each year. When she’s not developing brand stories for clients, she can be found shoveling out her car and skiing on Mammoth Mountain.