Christie Osborne is back and together we’re sharing 20 things that you can do in 2020 to help your website turn visitors into leads for your business.
This is the first part of a two-part series on this topic (part two is coming next Wednesday!) and by the time you finish listening to these episodes, you’ll have your website action plan steps that you can take to ensure your website is the best it can be in 2020!
Listen to Episode #18
In this episode, we’ll cover the first 10 things you need to do in 2020:
- #1: Make sure your page speed is on point
- #2: Always think mobile first
- #3: Ensure you have SSL installed on your website
- #4: Properly protect your website with security and backups
- #5: Check and regularly test your website forms
- #6: Use your website as part of your sales system
- #7: Make your contact information easy to find
- #8: Learn to use your forms more effectively
- #9: Make sure your website isn’t outdated
- #10: Ensure you have the keys to the kingdom
When you’re ready to move onto the remaining 10 ways to help your website turn more visitors into leads, check out Episode #19 here!
Christie Osborne is the owner of Mountainside Media, a company that helps event industry professionals develop scalable marketing strategies that bring in more inquiries and leads.
Christie is a national educator with recent speaking engagements at NACE Experience, WIPA and the Association of Bridal Consultants Conference. Christie regularly shares industry insight in her Catersource column, as well as on SpecialEvents.com, WeddingIQ and NACE’s industry blog.
Resources & Links
Note: some of the resources below may be affiliate links. If you do use one of the affiliate links, it will cost you nothing to use but I will receive a small commission …. which I will use to fund my Starbucks habit! (Iced chai lattes in the summer and eggnog lattes in the winter!)
- Google Page Speed Insights
- Google Analytics
- Google G-Suite
- Wayback Machine
- Checklist: Key Logins You Must Have
- Article: “Marketing giant Marketo forgets to renew domain name. Hilarity ensues.” (The Register)
- The CABW Podcast Community
- Episode #4: How to Create a Press-Friendly Website
- Episode #5: The Overlooked Part of Your Website That is Hurting Your Conversions
- Episode #9: Scary Website Stories (And How to Avoid Them!)
- Episode #17: The Gift of Website Security in 2020
- This Week in Weddings, Episode #130: How to Avoid a Website Horror Story with Brenda Cadman
Subscribe & Review in iTunes
Have you subscribed to the podcast? Make sure you never miss an episode, and click here to subscribe in iTunes!
If you find the website education I provide to be helpful in your business, I would be truly grateful if you left me a review on iTunes, as well.
Just click here to review, select “Ratings and Reviews” and “Write a Review” and let me know what has been the most helpful episode for your business. Thank you!