Today I’m going personal. I’m still talking about business ownership, but not about websites specifically.
This Friday, November 15th, marks the 2 year anniversary of my Dad’s passing, and that experience taught me some very important things about how I run my business.
We lost my Dad quite suddenly in 2017, less than a month after his Stage 4 pancreatic cancer diagnosis. It was on one of those days in the hospital cancer ward, probably a couple weeks after his diagnosis, that I pulled out a notebook and wrote down a bullet point list of the 6 things I’m going to share with you today.
I remember at the time having absolutely no idea why I was writing those notes down, but it poured out of me so quickly that I knew I didn’t want to forget the lessons.
Listen to Episode #11
In this episode, I want to share with you 6 lessons that losing my dad taught me about my business:
- Lesson #1: Cultivate loyalty with your team
- Lesson #2: Having systems in your business is essential
- Lesson #3: You need to have an “if something happens to me” plan
- Lesson #4: Be sure to explore passive sources of income that don’t require you to exchange hours for dollars
- Lesson #5: Life is too short to do work that doesn’t bring you joy
- Lesson #6: You are stronger than you think.
Subscribe & Review in iTunes
Have you subscribed to the podcast? Make sure you never miss an episode, and click here to subscribe in iTunes!
If you find the website education I provide to be helpful in your business, I would be truly grateful if you left me a review on iTunes, as well.
Just click here to review, select “Ratings and Reviews” and “Write a Review” and let me know what has been the most helpful episode for your business. Thank you!